|Product Dimensions||30.3 x 30.3 x 0.1 cm; 114 Grams|
|Item Weight||114 g|
12 x 12 Acrylic See-Through Mirror
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
|Item dimensions L x W x H||30.3 x 30.3 x 0.1 centimetres|
|Item weight||114 Grams|
About this item
- 11 15/16 inch x 11 15/16 inch x .04 inch see-through acrylic. Look through from dark side, bright side reflects. Approximately 30% transparent.
- Can be used for a smart mirror, surveillance, or theatrical application. Shatter resistant, unlike glass. Slightly bendable.
- 2nd photo monitor off. 3rd photo monitor on, bright room. 4th photo monitor on, dark room. 5th photo reflection of ceiling light. 6th photo ceiling light seen through mirror.
- Be sure to remove thin protective film from both sides before use. Side with blue protective covering may have a 2nd clear protective covering underneath. Protection may be scratched, but underlying mirror should be unscratched. Blue covering is on back of mirror; clear covering is on reflective side.
- Acrylic can scratch fairly easily. Please treat with care. If you expect some wear, face the back of the mirror so that it will receive the wear. If the back receives wear, you can potentially buff it out; however, if the front receives wear, it can remove the reflective coating. Please see FAQ in description area below for more useful info.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
This is an 11 15/16 inch x 11 15/16 inch x .04 inch see-through acrylic mirror. It can be used to make a smart mirror, an infinity mirror, used for surveillance, for theatrical applications, or whatever else you can think of. This kind of mirror is also known as a two-way mirror or sometimes as a one-way mirror. It is made of acrylic which is naturally shatter resistant, making a safer alternative to glass. Note: Make sure you peel off the protective plastic covering from both sides before use.FAQ:1. What is a two-way mirrorA two-way mirror is coated with a thin, almost-transparent layer of metal. The result is a mirrored surface that reflects some light and is penetrated by the rest. Light always passes equally in both directions. However, when one side is brightly lit and the other is dark, the darker side becomes difficult to see from the brightly lit side because it is masked by the brighter reflection of the lit side.2. How do you clean it safelyFirst of all, you should try to face the side with the reflective coating away from where it will get wear and tear.Acrylic scratches pretty easily. The supplies that may be easiest for you to find are a completely clean microfiber cloth together with Zeiss 50% isopropyl alcohol. If you are able to, an even better option is Novus 1 Plastic Clean & Shine together with Novus Polish Mates or Kimwipes (all of which you can get on Amazon). DO NOT USE: Water, Ammonia based cleaners, Windex, Lysol Wipes, Abrasive sponges, or Brushes.3. How do you cut itThe acrylic can be cut, but be careful not to damage it. I would recommend leaving the protective covering on the mirror until you finish cutting and even then you may still damage the mirror in the process. You can use a plexiglass cutting tool, a razor blade, a dremmel, or a laser cutter. For a plexiglass cutting tool or a razor blade, use a straight edge and do 6-10 passes cutting all the way to the edge of the acrylic.
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|