|Item Model Number||ABC1000-100AUS|
|Product Dimensions||23.39 x 19.51 x 11.1 cm; 265 Grams|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||23.4 x 19.5 x 11.1 centimetres|
|Batteries||4 CR123A batteries required. (included)|
|Item Weight||265 g|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Date First Available||13 November 2017|
Arlo Baby - HD Baby Monitor and Camera, Two-Way Audio, Night Vision, Temperature & Air Sensors and Music Player (ABC1000-100AUS)
- Compatible with Alexa. Use voice commands to view your cameras on Echo Spot/Show screen. (Alexa device sold separately)
- 1080p HD Quality – View live or recorded videos in excellent detail and rich colour
- 2-Way Talk – Comfort and talk to your baby from anywhere, whether you're at the office or in the living room
- Advanced Night Vision – Near-invisible infrared LEDs lets you see your baby clearly, even in the dark
- Instant Smart Alerts – Get motion, sound, and air quality notifications sent to your smartphone
- Control remotely: Multi-coloured night light, music player, temperature, humidity and VOCs air sensors
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Arlo Baby – 1080p HD Monitoring Camera is an all-in-one smart baby monitoring camera. It provides live monitoring and smart alerts on your smartphone, tablet, or computer. Key features include high definition video, night vision, motion & sounds alerts, 2-way talk, music player, air sensor, rechargeable battery and multi-colored night light.
From the manufacturer
|New! Arlo Baby|
|HD Video Quality||1080p|
|2-Way Wireless Talk||✓|
|View Anywhere||Mobile phone, desktop, tablet, and more mobile devices|
|Powered by:||Rechargeable battery and power adapter|
Review this product
Top reviews from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The unit also shuts down every few hours and takes a while to reset.
Other than these, it's functional, with nice features such as temperature and humidity gauges.
Top reviews from other countries
I liked my Arlo Pros, so decided to give Arlo Baby a shot. I pre-ordered it, but after reading the first few reviews, I almost returned it, as many people hate it.
I finally unpacked it and tested. And, to my pleasant surprise, it's not bad at all!
- excellent picture quality, especially at night
- delay on the same wifi is ~1 seconds for me (using 1080p), which is really good, and much better than other Arlo cameras (note: I'm using an Android app and a 5GHz wifi)
- sensors are more fun than I expected, especially as they keep the history - nice to see how the temperature changed over time
- adjustable viewing angle, not present in Arlo Pro cameras - nice, even if manual
- free cloud video storage, with decent paid options
- ability to play music, with surprisingly decent music quality
- the light turns out to be quite useful, as one can configure the temperature/brightness of it, so it's a decent night light
- good, simple installation and long cables
- battery support
- great manual
SO-SO / MINOR stuff:
- in "always listen" mode, clicking the notification should take me directly to the camera, but it doesn't
- the alerts are not customized to a baby monitor, they are just like regular security camera alerts. E.g. there's no cry detection or any form of additional visual/sound cue on movement/sound
- very little memory for music - 20MB in 2017, really?
- while "Continuous Recording" is a paid option (which I can uderstand), it would be nice to be able to have a periodic snapshot/photo option, to quickly see what's the reasonably recent state. E.g. if one expects a package, going into the live mode is an overkill - if I could see the state within the last hour, that would be enough.
- takes waaay too long to see the picture: ~5-15 seconds from starting the app to seeing the picture, partially because one needs to click. Would be nice if one could configure it to go the video immediately
- no ability to add time indicator on the recordings / UI (it's not a big problem for Arlo Baby, but a terrible omission for any security camera)
- no ability to save to local storage, unlike other Arlo cameras (!)
- no ability to integrate with Arlo Pro system - e.g. using Arlo Pro's base station for recording
- no ability to play your own music
- the "modes" you set up are separate for this camera and other Arlo cameras. Why oh why can't I have one mode for all my cameras?
- not being able to record infinitely long movies
- opening an app on one device logs you out on another, if you're using the same account. Super annoying. A workaround is to create another account and grant access to it.
- very significant delay if NOT on the same network (~10 seconds for me)
Overall, it seems to be very much like Arlo Q with a few add-ons. Is it worth extra $100? That depends. You get a few things, you lose some (mostly local storage).
I couldn't decide between 3 and 4 stars. But today I received an email from Netgear explaining what they are doing to improve the situation, which was a very nice, customer-friendly approach. And it suggests things should get better.
For that, giving 4 stars.
UPDATE 1 - since the original review, thanks to Netgear's improvements
- FIXED: the "always listen" mode was very flaky, an update fixed that
- IMPROVED: delay on same wifi was ~2 seconds, now it's usually ~1 second!
UPDATE 2 - Aug 19, 2017
★★★ It's been a while, and I have to drop it from 4 to 3 stars:
- I'm not sure if it was always there, but I recently noticed the camera keeps disconnecting after some time. It's super annoying, esp. since if someone's not looking at the screen, there's no audible indication this is happening. Perhaps it's related to the "HOME" connectivity (I see "home" icon), but it doesn't matter.
- I realized that in fact it is NOT possible to upload your own music to Arlo Baby (my original review assumed it's possible)
- I realized it's not possible to see the time indicator in the recordings, which is a terrible omission for any security camera
UPDATE 3 - Oct 02, 2017
The disconnects are driving us crazy. I have to reduce the score from 3 to 2 stars.
- pretty much on the clock, every 30 minutes the camera disconnects. Actually, all Arlo cameras disconnect. This happens both on on my mobile and tablet (Android) as well as in a Chrome web browser.
- restarting the app fixes it - so it's not a camera issue
- there are many users complaining about it, and Netgear is pretty quiet. I even saw someone mentioning a class action lawsuit!
- I went to the lengths of collecting my network logs and sharing with Netgear, pointing out how some network traffic directly correlated to the disconnect. Very little response so far.
★★ As such, I have to reduce my score to 2 stars.
UPDATE 4 - Nov 7, 2017
Netgear recently updated the software, and disconnects are mostly gone. I occassionaly get some disconnect, but it's super rare now.
We also started using it as a night light, and it proved itself quite useful there.
★★★ Some other major issues are still not fixed, but it now definitely deserves the 3 stars back.
I would not recommend this product to anyone.