Clear Casting and Coating Epoxy Resin - 16 Ounce Kit
- Use our clear epoxy resin for all of your casting AND coating applications. Cures crystal clear and hard as a rock
- Rigorous testing was done to ensure that our resin is a perfect match for all of our glow in the dark and other craft pigments
- Our resin is self leveling, self degassing, odor free, resistant to yellowing from UV exposure, and is made in the U.S.A.
- One to one mix ratio is fool proof and has a forgiving 40 minute work time
- Use to coat tables and bars, encapsulate objects, cast figurines and jewelry, make resin paintings and more
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 15.19 x 10.21 x 5.11 cm; 599 Grams
- Date First Available : 21 May 2018
- Manufacturer : Art 'N Glow
- ASIN : B07BM9LHRB
- Item Model Number : 4336899262
- Customer Reviews:
Casting and Coating Epoxy Resin by Art 'N Glow
Artists and creators from all over the world use our products for their most important projects. After seeing many of our customers use our products in resin projects we decided to remove the guesswork by creating our own epoxy blend that was designed specifically to work with all of our pigments!
What will you create? Click "ADD TO CART" today and be sure to share your projects with us when they're finished!
• Uses: Can be used as either a coating for tables, bars, wood, canvas paintings, etc. or cast in a suitable mold (max casting size is 6 fluid oz, no limit for coating applications)
• Size: Two 8 oz bottles (16 oz total)
• Material: Epoxy Resin
• Coverage: 16 oz will cover about 3.2 sq. feet at a thickness of 1/16 of an inch
• Longevity: Resists yellowing due to UV exposure but should not be left permanently outdoors as all epoxy resins will eventually yellow from sun exposure
• Safety: Keep out of reach of children. Use only in a well ventilated area.
• What's included: One 8 oz bottle of resin and one 8 oz bottle of hardener, application cheat sheet, and detailed instructions
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
I purchased some of this resin with a great deal of skepticism. My past experiences with OTHER clear resins were that they were very moisture and temperature sensitive, somewhat intolerant of additives like dyes and pigments, too thick to flow into the small details of my jewelry-sized molds, required vacuum degassing, pressure casting and even baking in an oven.
This clear resin from Art 'N Glow was the complete opposite of all that. I was highly suspicious of the self-degassing claim, but sure enough, given a few hours, all the bubbles rose to the top and popped. I've experimented with adding dyes, pigments and glitter and the resin hardens up perfectly each time. The pot life is long enough to allow me to take my time, adjust additive amounts and slowly fill small molds. It DOES take the full 24 hours to completely cure, but I feel that that is a worthwhile sacrifice considering the ease of use. So far I have yet to find anything that makes me regret my purchase. Really great stuff!
Reviewed in the United States on 5 August 2018
1. Almost no odor. Amazing. Did it in my kitchen and my wife didn't notice any smell. I never use resin inside bc I dont want my family to hate me or develop brain damage. This one is great for indoors.
2. It mixes, flows, and levels very well.
3. Perfectly clear and the best I've ever used with regard to bubbles. I heated both bottles beforehand in hot tapwater, mixed it fast with an epoxy mixer (makes tons of bubbles), and, while it had small foamy lines as it settled, i just breathed on them (co2) and they dissolved. I used a heat gun after 10 min to clear 3 single bubbles and a toothpick on 2 more 30 min later, which brings me to the cons, or con more accurately.
1. Oh my god, the working time. I had it mixed and poured, completed, in under 5 min. It was still liquid 45 min later. I deal with a 5-10 min working time on fiberglass and the last penny table I did was not sticky 20 min later. 3 hrs later and this product was still sticky. It had caught very tiny pieces of air fuzz already. Had to cover it in plastic for 24 hrs.
2. This is not a resin for mixing in powder if you expect it to stay suspended. Suspended particles need a short working time. I did 1/2oz of powder to 8oz mixed resin. It was thoroughly mixed and milky when it poured. That powder settled to the bottom of the resin within 10 min. It is not an issue for my project, but might be for usual applications like jewelry. If it is to be used on a bar or large project where you want a glass finish, be ready to cover it in plastic or hardcore polish it a week later. It is like a lint roller.
If you are new to resin or nervous to try for the first time, this one is great to learn on or do indoor projects with. It is idiotproof. For larger projects, I would either try using more hardener in the mix, plan to cover it in a paintbooth, or use a product better suited for it.
i made a coffe table with some resin and i almost covered the whole table and i was needed like a half galon to completely cover the whole table. So i went to my storage and i found this resin "art n glow" so i mixed it and added it to the resin from other company.
I guess to mix two different products made a very bad reaction , instead of blend in with the other resin it made lots of bubbles and got hard in a minute and the temperature of the resin was critical high! My room became full of gas and smoke . 16oz of resin ruined 3 gallon of beautiful art work with very expensive walnut slab inside. Smh