Follow the Author
Constitutional Law: Cases in Context [Connected eBook with Study Center] Hardcover – 27 October 2021
Enhance your purchase
Buy a new version of this textbook and receive access to the Connected eBook with Study Center on CasebookConnect, including: lifetime access to the online ebook with highlight, annotation, and search capabilities; practice questions from your favorite study aids; an outline tool and other helpful resources. Connected eBooks provide what you need most to be successful in your law school classes. Constitutional Law: Cases in Context places primary emphasis on how constitutional law has developed since the Founding, its key foundational principles, and recurring debates. By providing both cases and context, it conveys the competing narratives that all lawyers ought to know and all constitutional practitioners need to know. Teachable, manageable, class-sized chunks of material are suited to one-semester courses or reduced credit configurations. Generous case excerpts make the text flexible for most courses. Cases are judiciously supplemented with background readings from various sources. Innovative study guide questions presented before each case help students focus on the salient issues, challenging them to consider the court’s opinions from various perspectives, and suggesting comparisons or connections with other cases.
New to the Fourth Edition:
- New unit on Criminal Procedure cases taught from the perspective of constitutional law.
- Integrated with twelve-hour video library that brings Supreme Court cases to life
- Includes decisions from the Roberts Court through June 2021
Professors and student will benefit from:
- An online library of sixty-three videos (access codes provided with purchase of the book) brings the Supreme Court’s most important decisions to life.
- The casebook is published in two paperback “splits.” The first split can be used for Constitutional Law I (Structure). The second split can be used for Constitutional Law II (Rights). The splits sell for half the price of the hardcover casebook.
- A highly accessible and engaging structure that examines the competing narratives that pervade the development of American constitutional law since the founding.
- Related cases that are grouped together into assignments making it simple for professors to construct syllabi, and assign students a reasonable amount of reading for each topic.
- A wealth of photographs, maps, and primary documents to bring the cases to life.
- A new supplement for Fall 2021 that includes all cases from the recently-concluded Supreme Court term.
- Publisher : Wolters Kluwer; 4th edition (27 October 2021)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 1872 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1543838782
- ISBN-13 : 978-1543838787
- Customer Reviews: