Other Sellers on Amazon
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing ‘Send link’, you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
Drawing and Painting Botanicals for Artists: How to Create Beautifully Detailed Plant and Flower Illustrations: 4 Paperback – 2 July 2020
Enhance your purchase
Originally developed in the 18th century as a visual supplement to botanical nomenclature, botanical illustration and art uniquely fuse art and science by documenting the parts, details, and life cycles of plant species. In Drawing and Painting Botanicals for Artists, eminent botanical artist and veteran workshop instructor Karen Kluglein reveals her secrets for rendering leaves, flowers, berries, and branches both accurately and beautifully. The book begins with a brief history of the art form, followed by guidance on developing observational skills for this genre, key botanical terms and concepts, and the differences among botanical illustration, botanical art, and flower painting. The chapters that follow offer detailed guidance and demonstrations for drawing and painting botanicals in a variety of mediums:
• Drawing: explore loose gestural drawing, precise measuring and rendering, and working from photographs with graphite, coloured pencil, finepoint markers, pen and ink, and silverpoint.
• Painting: master colour mixing, washes, layering, gradations, values, and adding details in watercolour, gouache, and acrylic, plus guidance on adding "personality" to your work and knowing when a painting is done.
Drawing and Painting Botanicals for Artists shows artists at all skill levels how to translate careful observations into stunning works of art. The 'For Artists' series expertly guides and instructs artists at all skill levels who want to develop their classical drawing and painting skills and create realistic and representational art.
Frequently bought together
About the Author
- Publisher : Rockport Publishers (2 July 2020)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 144 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1631598570
- ISBN-13 : 978-1631598579
- Dimensions : 21.84 x 1.27 x 27.94 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 33,822 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews: