|Model Number||722-306 (02)|
|Item Weight||672 Grams|
|Item Weight||672 g|
Goddess APHRODITE Venus Nude Female Figure Alabaster Statue Sculpture 12''
|Item weight||672 Grams|
About this item
- *MADE IN GREECE - HANDMADE - VERY DETAILED*
- Dimensions (approximately): Height: 31 cm ( 12.2 in) Width: 14 cm ( 5.51 in) Weight: 672 gr (1.48 lb)
- Aphrodite is the Greek goddess of love, beauty, pleasure, and procreation. Her Roman equivalent is the goddess Venus.
- Figures with no clothes are peculiarly common in the art of the Western world. The nude first became significant in the art of ancient Greece, where athletic competitions at religious festivals celebrated the human body. The nudes of Greco-Roman art are conceptually perfected ideal persons, each one a vision of health, youth, geometric clarity, and organic equilibrium.
- Professional packing - We take extra care in safely packing our fragile items to ensure safe delivery
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Material & Manufacture process: Cast Alabaster Cast Alabaster statues are made from a material in which natural crushed Greek Alabaster stone is mixed with a small quantity of resin that works as a glue. Αlabaster was very widely used for small sculpture for indoor use in the ancient world, especially in Ancient Greece , Egypt and Mesopotamia . The mixture is then poured into a mold of the statue design. Because the powder is so fine the smallest details can be reproduced using this method. Over 90% of the finished sculpture is natural crushed Greek Alabaster stone, which gives it a look and feel of solid natural marble. All sculptures are finished by hand to ensure the finest quality. This strong material is water and weather resistant, doesn't have bubbles, will not crack, and can be washed with most cleaning agents. Please note: Our statues are not carved. The alabaster we use is not the calcite alabaster variety which is also known as onyx-marble, Egyptian alabaster, or Oriental alabaster. Natural marble statues are hand carved and command a very hefty price. Our product offerings are intended to be affordable to the majority public. ΠΚ6/4
Review this product
Top review from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
By Jack Mcdonnell on 7 January 2021
Top reviews from other countries
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 1 May 2020