- Buy this item and get 90 days Free Amazon Music Unlimited. After purchase you will receive an email with further information. Offer valid for a limited time only. Terms and Conditions apply.” Learn more here.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
+ FREE Delivery
Quick Strength for Runners: 8 Weeks to a Better Runner's Body Paperback – 19 December 2013
|New from||Used from|
Enhance your purchase
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
- Publisher : Velo Press (19 December 2013)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 224 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1937715124
- ISBN-13 : 978-1937715120
- Dimensions : 18.06 x 1.14 x 22.78 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 130,993 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
"A smart strength-training plan in which runners can learn how to strength their core and key running muscles." -- Competitor magazine
"" ]when I'm [running] 30, 40, 50 miles a week, the last thing I want to do is squats on legs that already feel like overcooked spaghetti" ]Jeff Horowitz has a solution. He's been a running coach for more than a decade and is the author of Quick Strength for Runners." -- Philadelphia Inquirer
"Running is a sport of imbalance. At no point are your feet hitting the ground at the same time. This imbalance creates an opportunity for injury. Our bodies have to be strong enough to handle the complex motion of running. If it's not, you won't be running too long" ] Trusting this program has me running stronger and faster and most importantly injury free." -- Amplify Today
"The exercise program is ideal for runners whose sole goal is running performance. Runners don't need to lift huge weights or practice resistance training five days per week. What they do need to is to develop a modest degree of well-balanced strength." -- BreakingMuscle.com
"We all know that strength training is important. I have always said that I should do more strength training, but it wasn't until I started trying this book that I really realized how much it can help me. I started this book before I was back to running, and I believe without a shadow of a doubt that it has had a big impact on my running now. I am stronger, recover easier and have less soreness overall." -- LovingontheRun.com
From the Back Cover
Strength training is key to better running and injury prevention. But it's difficult to know which exercises work best for runners or to get motivated to hit the gym.
In "Quick Strength for Runners," running coach and personal trainer Jeff Horowitz simplifies strength training into just two 20-minute workouts per week, with no gym or pricey equipment required. Designed specifically for runners, the Quick Strength program pinpoints the exercises that really work. Inside you'll find:
- A guide to how strength training leads to better running form and fitness
- 40 targeted exercises, with step-by-step photos and clear instructions
- Progressive workouts and advanced form options to increase strength as fitness improves
- Tips on designing a long-term workout program for a lifetime of fitness
This highly effective, easy-to-implement program will make you a stronger, faster runner in under an hour a week.
Jeff Horowitz is a certified running coach and personal trainer. He has run more than 150 marathons.