|Product Dimensions||21.8 x 23.5 x 15.8 cm; 1.2 Kilograms|
|Volume Capacity||1.7 Liters|
|Power / Wattage||3000 watts|
|Energy Efficiency Class||A+ to F|
|Noise Level||1 dB|
|Special Features||Boil Dry Protection, Concealed Heating, Cordless, Water Filter|
|Item Weight||1.2 kg|
Russell Hobbs 20460 Quiet Boil Kettle, Brushed Stainless Steel, Silver, 3000 W, 1.7 Litre [International version]
|Price:||+ $23.34 Delivery|
Enhance your purchase
- The brushed stainless steel kettle heats up quickly is easy to clean and will not discolour regardless of use or age
- Quiet boil technology makes this a hot favourite for people in open plan living spaces busy households and those who value peace and quiet with their brew
- A rapid boil zone indicator within the kettle allows you to fill just the right amount of water and boils one cup super-fast taking only 45 seconds
- The removable washable lime scale filter will keep your brew tasting amazing and is ideal for those living in hard water areas. Illuminated light ring – illuminates blue on boil
- Suitable for both right handed and left handed users the 360 Degree base means no matter where your new kettle lives it's always within easy reach
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
With a brushed, stainless steel finish, the Russell Hobbs quiet boil kettle is as every bit functional, as it is elegant The quiet-boil technology makes this the ideal choice for smaller households and homes with open plan living areas. An added fast-boil function will also heat one cup in just 45 seconds, meaning less time spent waiting around.
A delicious hot drink, fast: In addition to its quiet boil technology, it has a rapid boil feature that lets you boil a 235 ml cup of water in just 45 seconds. It’s ideal if you need a hot drink fast or you’re just making one cup. The kettle has a 'ideal pour' spout so all the water goes into the cup with fewer splashes and spills.
Quieter technology: The Russell Hobbs 20460 quiet boil kettle is designed with quiet boil technology. A proper coating on the base plate works with a diffused ring to break up the bubbles making them smaller. Smaller bubbles mean up to 75 Percent less noise than previous models without this technology so you can enjoy a quieter cuppa, ideal if you are making drinks while people are sleeping or you don’t want to disturb the baby.
1.7 Litre capacity: With a 1.7 Litre capacity jug, it’s big enough to make up to seven cups, making it ideal for larger family homes. The quiet boil kettle has a 360 Degree base so it can be comfortably used by right and left-handed people. Also, to keep your work top clutter free, the base has integrated cord storage so it can be tidied away when it’s not in use.
- 1 x Russell Hobbs quiet boil kettle
- 1 x 360 Degree base with wrap-around cable storage
- 1 x Removable, washable mesh lime scale filter in spout
- 1 x Instruction manual with details of guarantee
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
I've bought 4 for myself & friends, and all Buckinghams exhibit the same 2 design faults -
1. The lid stops opening fully using the button after just a couple of uses.
So you either have to press the button to release the lid and then physically pull it back
OR hold the kettle with the spout upwards so the lid needs less force to open it fully.
Expect the release button is a Health & Safety feature, but its fairly pointless if you then have to grasp the lid to gain access.
2. Many users complain of the foul taste of the water which stems from the red clip-on soft plastic measure inside the kettle.
Strongly recommend you simply clip it off before ever using the kettle.
I've found getting the tip of a bladed screwdriver between the measure and its mount, and giving it a gentle twist, is easiest.
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 16 November 2017
Because the kettle was within the two-year warranty period, Russell Hobbs replaced it without question. However, the replacement has just (May 2018) broken in exactly the same way! Because the kettle is now outside the original warranty period, I am not expecting another replacement, but this really is not the sort of product quality I expect from Russell Hobbs.
There are two other faults that have been common to both examples of this kettle that I have had:
* As many other reviewers have reported, the lid release mechanism gets very stiff/unreliable over time. My suspicion is that this may have something to do with a build-up of limescale on the mechanism, but this is conjecture.
* The Quiet Boil feature, which is a key selling point of this kettle, worked very well initially. However, I live in a hard water area (Thames Water), and it very rapidly degenerated to normal levels of noise when coming to the boil (i.e. annoyingly loud!). It seems that even tiny traces of limescale are enough to neutralise this feature.
I will not be purchasing another of these kettles!
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 21 June 2018