The Science of Stephen King: The Truth Behind Pennywise, Jack Torrance, Carrie, Cujo, and More Iconic Characters from the Master of Horror Audible Audiobook – Unabridged
Uncover the theories behind the master of horror's macabre tales: It, The Shining, Carrie, Cujo, Misery, Pet Semetary, and so much more!
Gothic media moguls Meg Hafdahl and Kelly Florence, authors of The Science of Monsters and The Science of Women in Horror, and co-hosts of the Horror Rewind podcast called “the best horror film podcast out there” by Film Daddy, present a guide to the Stephen King stories and characters we all know and love. Through interviews, literary and film analysis, and bone-chilling discoveries, The Science of Stephen King delves into the uniquely horrific Stephen King universe to uncover the science behind the legendary novels that have become an integral part of modern pop culture, answering such questions as:
- What is the science behind time travel and parallel universes like in The Dark Tower series and 11/22/63?
- How does lack of sleep affect the human body like in Insomnia?
- Is it possible for horrific creatures to exist like in Nightshift?
- What is the science behind curses and legends like in Dreamcatcher and Thinner?
Join Kelly and Meg as they learn if we all really do float down here!
- Get this audiobook free then 1 credit each month, good for any title you like - yours to keep, even if you cancel
- Listen all you want to the Plus Catalogue—a selection of thousands of Audible Originals, audiobooks and podcasts, including exclusive series
- Exclusive member-only deals
- $16.45 a month after 30 days. Cancel anytime
|Listening Length||5 hours and 50 minutes|
|Author||Meg Hafdahl, Kelly Florence|
|Narrator||Joe Hempel, Melissa Moran, Anneliese Rennie, Tanya Eby|
|Audible.com.au Release Date||24 November 2020|
|Best Sellers Rank|| 211,883 in Audible Books & Originals (See Top 100 in Audible Books & Originals) |
206 in History & Criticism of Horror & Supernatural Fiction
65,067 in Literature & Fiction (Audible Books & Originals)
Review this product
Top reviews from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
GUESS WHAT....same issue with the 2nd book.
Does Amazon just get orders and then ship them out without doing a check on the item????