|Mounting Hardware||Remote, Digital Optical Cable|
|Number Of Items||1|
|Speaker Surround Sound Channel Configuration||1.0|
|Speaker Amplification Type||Active|
|Output Wattage||120 Watts|
|Battery cell composition||Lithium Manganese Dioxide|
|Connector Type||Bluetooth, HDMI|
|Mounting type||Wall Mount|
|Includes Rechargable Battery||No|
|Package Dimensions||95.2 x 18.4 x 13.8 cm; 4.22 Kilograms|
|Item Weight||4.22 kg|
|Country/Region of origin||Vietnam|
|Item Model Number||SR-B20A|
|Batteries||1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)|
|Date First Available||15 October 2020|
Other Sellers on Amazon
Yamaha SR-B20A Sound Bar with Built-in Dual Subwoofer, DTS Virtual:X and Bluetooth Streaming, Black
Recommended Retail Price (RRP)The RRP displayed is the most recent manufacturer’s recommended retail price made available to Amazon AU.
|You Save:||$79.00 (26%)|
Enhance your purchase
|Connector Type||Bluetooth, HDMI|
|Recommended uses for product||For Televisions|
About this item
- Rich Bass: Built in dual subwoofers for deep bass in one slim bar; Optimize your entertainment with a selection of sound modes specially designed for music, movies, games, or TV
- Clear voice technology: Brings dialogue and narration to the front, allowing voices to stand out against background noise
- DTS Virtual:X for virtual 3D surround sound: As soon as you hit play, you’ll hear sound from left, right, back, and even above you
- Easy Listening: Pair your sound bar with any Bluetooth compatible device to stream your favorite music, podcasts, and entertainment
- Simple Setup and Use: Place the sound bar under your TV or use the key hole to mount it on your wall; Easily adjust sound modes, volume, and more with the Sound Bar Remote App for your mobile device; Plus, an HDMI ARC connection allows you to control your TV and sound bar with just one remote
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Appreciating great sound is easy. And now getting it is, too. That’s why we’ve made this punchy sound Bar with virtual 3D surround sound, built in subwoofer and Clear Voice simple to use and simple to love.
From the manufacturer
SMOOTH, EFFORTLESS SOUND
Imagine watching a movie and hearing the soft pitter-patter of rain all around you. Or even the roar of a helicopter flying above you. When you plug in this sound bar, you’ll hear brilliant sound coming from every direction. It’s the kind of immersion you just can’t get from TV speakers.
Virtual 3D surround and DTS virtual:X technology come together to envelop your whole body in sound.
SOUND BAR REMOTE APP
The App can switch contents, sound modes, clear voice and bass extension functions, simple power on/off commands easily from your device.
4 SOUND MODES
You can enjoy the sound of movies, music, TV programs and games from four options (Stereo, Standard, Movie, Game) designed to suit your content.
Clear voice technology brings dialogue and narration to the front, allowing voices to stand out against background noise.
Dual built-in 75 mm (3 ") subwoofer unit combined with the dual bass reflex port, provides a rich and spacious bass range.
Pair your sound bar with any Bluetooth compatible device to stream your favorite music, podcasts, and entertainment.
FITS RIGHT IN
No need to make room for anything but one small sound bar. A built-in subwoofer enables this device to stay compact while still delivering powerful bass.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR TV SOUND BETTER?
In just minutes, you can install this sound bar and enjoy an instant upgrade to your sound.
I am having trouble hearing dialogue coming from my TV, will the SR-B20 help improve this at all?
Yes, the SR-B20A features a Yamaha developed technology called ‘Clear Voice, that analyses the audio signal in real time and enhances the pronunciation of constants and vowels to ensure dialogue cuts through background noise.
How can a single Sound Bar with no external speakers create 3D Surround sound?
The DTS: Virtual X surround sound technology uses highly advanced algorithms to process the incoming audio and modulates it in a way to trick your brain into perceiving that the sound is coming from a ‘virtual speaker’ in your listening space.
Can the SR-B20A be wall mounted?
Yes, the SR-B20A can be wall mounted using ‘Key Hole’ wall mounts. A template is included in the box along with instructions. A qualified contractor may be required to install it for you to ensure securely fixed to the wall.
Why doesn’t the SR-B20A have a subwoofer? Don’t I need one?
The SR-B20A has dual built in 7.5cm woofers and space in the cabinet for the sound to resonate in giving a deep, punchy sound that should far exceed what your TV alone is capable of and provide a rich and thoroughly entertaining audio experience.
Can I use my TV’s remote to turn the Sound bar on and off and to adjust the volume?
Yes, you can, provided your TV is ARC and HDMI CEC compatible (which is most modern Digital TV’s) and you have those settings turned on in the TV’s setup. Further details on this feature can be found in the user manual.
Review this product
Reviews with images
Top reviews from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I'm so happy with this product that I'm now considering buying one of the models with the wireless subwoofer for the lounge/theatre, will probably wait for a sale or something as the price does go up a fair bit on them.
I've bought other soundbars and I honestly don't think you will be disappointed. Except my wife is not a fan of the curve look on them, she doesn't think it's nice looking though I really like the curve look personally :D
For the very reasonable price this unit provides I give it an 8-10 hope this helps.
But there are a couple of annoying little quirks:
- When connecting via the HDMI cable, the volume on the tv remote control and the Yamaha soundbar remote control become one and the same (i.e. you only need to use one remote control to control the volume on the soundbar). That would be fine, except if you want to crank the volume up, it is not loud enough, especially if using a smartview connection from a phone/tablet - even putting the volume on maximum is not loud enough. In addition, there is a delay of one second from when you press the volume up/down on your remote control to when it actually happens.
- When connecting via Bluetooth, there are no issues with the sound volume (i.e. tv remote control and soundbar remote control are independent of each other, so you can crank it up very loud, even with a smartview connection from a phone/tablet). But there is a half a second delay of the sound with the picture on the tv when using Bluetooth connection, which is annoying. My tv has settings to increase/delay the sound so that it is in sync with the picture on the tv - but for whatever reason these settings are greyed out, so I can't change them.
It is possible that the above issues have more to do with my tv than with the soundbar. My tv is a Hisense 65″ ULED 4K SERIES Q7. Perhaps Hisense does this on purpose because they want you to purchase a Hisense soundbar instead of another brand. I'd suggest researching the compatibility of you tv with this Yamaha soundbar before making the purchase.
By Allan Marsh on 18 February 2021