Gina Rossi Armfield
Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Gina Rossi Armfield
Gina is a painter and photographer and has devoted her life to sharing her passions as a teacher and a writer. Gina strives to bring out the unique artist in every person through her no excuses art journaling practice and truly believes everyone can develop an art journaling habit and live a more fulfilled and creative life. Gina can be reached at email@example.com
Customers Also Bought Items By
Books By Gina Rossi Armfield
You'll have no excuse not to paint when you follow Gina Rossi Armfield as she shares her intuitive and inspirational approach to sketching and painting animals.
Watercolor is the perfect medium for capturing the flowing textures, patterns and playful personalities of your favorite furry, feathered and farmyard friends. And it's fun using organic, sketchbook-style techniques to create soulful animal portraits. No intimidating exercises--just colorful and expressive works of art!
The animal field guide is divided into 3 sections--Paws, Claws and Hooves--with 15 different animal projects that each include a photo reference, color palette and sketch template.
Inside you'll find:
• Tricks for painting fur, feathers, beaks, claws, hooves and eyes
• Essential and easy paintbrush and watercolor instruction
• Guidance for working from photo reference
• Creative background and text overlay ideas
"It's not colorful enough."
With the fun and easy techniques in Gina Rossi Armfield's No Excuses Watercolor, your excuses for not painting with watercolor don't stand a chance! As you try the demonstrations and exercises, you'll learn the techniques and tricks necessary to achieve amazing, colorful results in your artist's sketchbook.
After getting to know your materials, you'll try your hand at thirteen exercises that will help train your hand, and help you identify and refine your artistic style. Along the way, you'll get tips and suggestions for adding journaling and writing to your art. Finally, you'll find an inspirational resource guide packed with reference photos, starter sketches, color palettes, journaling prompts and more to help you fill your watercolor journal!
Grab your sketchbook and watercolors--it's time to paint, no excuses!
• 22 demonstrations for sketching and watercolor painting.
• 13 exercises for practicing backgrounds, focal images, color mixing, layering and details.
• 13 resource sections loaded with journaling and painting prompts to keep you inspired.
"I don't have time."
"I don't know what to journal about."
"I can't keep the momentum going."
Sound familiar? What are your excuses for not spending time with your art journal? Get ready to cast those excuses aside because Gina Rossi Armfield's No Excuses Art Journaling offers a no-fail approach to art journaling.
Using a day planner as your art journal, you'll find daily, weekly and monthly prompts that you can adapt to fit your real-life, busy schedule. Along the way, you'll learn fun and convenient techniques to add sketching, watercolor painting, collage and more into your journal, all while setting goals, creating art and chronicling your unique life.
Inside You'll Find:
• More than 20 mixed-media art journaling techniques demonstrated step-by-step so you can add color, style and life ephemera to your journal.
• 6 pages of journaling prompts and tips for every month of the year.
• Dozens of inspirational art journal pages by Gina and 12 guest artists to show how you can make the No Excuses program decidedly yours.
Grab your journal and pen, and kick your excuses to the curb!