Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Elise Mahan
My name is Elise Mahan and I am an artist and an educator. My paintings and my process have evolved from my research of astronomy, natural history, art history, the environment and my work with children. Each painting is a chance to draw upon ethereal and surreal elements that utilize and explore repetition, geometry, texture and pattern. I create my paintings using a range of materials such as gouache, watercolor, ink, pencil, graphite, metallic pigments, and collage elements. I am interested in the way that visual art has allowed me to examine connections between natural history and symbolism and how they relate to one another within art and within our society.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Books By Elise Mahan
Learn how to paint the beautiful night sky throughout the seasons while learning about sun signs and their place in astrology with Celestial Watercolor—complete with an overview of the tools and techniques of watercolor.
This guide to painting the stars also features:
- How to achieve the look of the night sky unique to each season, from the light blue summer night to the deep blue of the winter
- Watercolor wash techniques: wet-into-wet and wet-on-dry painting
- How to paint moons throughout the year, including the 12 moons from the Native American and spiritual traditions
- Adding environmental elements, including trees, mountains, and lakes
- Ideas for night sky painting gifts for baby showers, weddings, birthdays, and other occasions