Top critical review
Stopped working after a few months of use
Reviewed in Australia on 24 July 2020
UPDATE: it broke. Unfortunately about a month ago my grandmother took the rug out of storage and it no longer works, just displays E on the screen when you try to turn it on. She probably only used it for about 1 month total, very disappointing.
I trialed this blanket for a few days before gifting it to my grandmother, she hates to run the heater due to the cost of electricity. I've never had an electric throw rug before so don't have any basis for comparison but these are my first impressions.
- I ordered charcoal - it is in fact a dark green colour with a charcoal border. Not my cup of tea but oh well.
- The rug gets nice and hot at level 7
- Fabric is kind of thin but drapes nicely and is cozy
- The plug that connects the rug to the power cable is fairly easy to connect but very difficult to get off, it will definitely be impossible for my gran to disconnect it herself if she ever wants to wash it.
- I can feel that the way the wires are attached to the plug/connector is quite flimsy, time will tell how well they hold up.
- The ON/OFF slider is quite stiff so again could be an issue for the elderly or those with limited hand strength
Overall I'm pretty happy with my purchase. I do wish the actual rug was a little higher quality however it does the job so that's the main thing. My gran is super happy and uses it whenever she's knitting or watching TV.