Top positive review
Order a size up
Reviewed in Australia on 14 September 2019
2020 UPDATE: I purchased the version with the mobile phone pocket and they are much improved on the old versions. For starters, they've fixed the waistband which was my biggest complaint. The shorts are still a little cheap feeling compared to Nike's or Under Armour but you're paying a fraction of the price so that's understandable. They do the job so well that I've just purchased 2 more pairs. Also, the mobile pocket fits my glazy s8 plus phone with no wobble. Sizing also seems to be closer to normal as well now.
- Decent running shorts for the price.
- I've done 2 x 10k's in them and no chaffing :-) which is my sole purpose in wearing them so they get a big tick.
- I have them in green and they look good.
- Too small. I usually take a medium (occasionally a large) so I heeded the warnings and went for a large in these. The actual shorts part fits fine but the waistband has absolutely no give and is way too tight. Some more elastic in the waistband and they'd be perfect. I might need to learn how to use the sewing machine properly :-)
- Material is thin. These are unlikely to see the 12 month mark, even when used in heavy rotation with my other compression shorts. The seams seem a little flimsy as well.
Even though my review might come across as a little negative I'd actually buy them again, I'd just get them in XL next time.